- No products in the cart.
- Be associated with the originator of the prestigious internationally recognized Yoga for Golfers brand
- Differentiate yourself as an instructor in the yoga marketplace
- Access an untapped market in yoga … golfers!
- No prior golf experience is required, you will learn everything you need to get started in your business
- Upon certiﬁcation, you will be listed on the Yoga for Golfers website which receives thousands of inquiries a year from golfers looking for instructors
- Ongoing marketing and business development support for your business
- Open training opportunity for all PGA, LPGA
- Teaching Professionals, yoga instructors, ﬁtness instructors, wellness professionals & anyone interested in learning about Yoga for Golfers
- PGA Professionals
- Yoga Instructors
- Physical Therapists
- Fitness Professionals
- Golfers with sincere intent to enhance their golf performance through biomechanical knowledge and fitness
- No Prior Golf Experience is necessary
“The YFG online program offers a wealth of information to become a solid and confident YFG instructor. Throughout the entire training program, Katherine was always there at a moments notice offering support and guidance. It was an amazing learning experience for me and I would l highly recommend the program!” – Sandra Mauro
- The game of golf from inside out. Think outside the box!
- Establish your golf personality type and it’s effects on how you learn the game and handle course management.
- The correlations and benefits of yoga for golf performance.
- The basic mechanics of the golf swing, anatomy, muscles affected and common injuries.
- The yoga poses, the muscles affected, indications and contraindications of each pose, modifications of each pose and the direct golf benefit of each pose.
- The sequencing for varying lengths of classes and populations.
- The marketing strategies for target markets, potential revenue streams and effective use of YFG marketing materials and products.
Cost: $850.00 (does not include accomodation or airfare)
Participants learn the correlations and benefits of yoga as it applies to golf performance. The program includes learning the mechanics of the golf swing as well as the specific muscles affected, common golf injuries, and incorporating breathing into the pre-shot routine and during the golf round. Emphasis is placed on learning specific yoga poses, muscles affected and their direct golf benefit, as well as practice of sequencing classes of various lengths for different levels of fitness. (ACE and AFA CECs available).
A best selling #1 Golf Fitness Yoga for Golfers DVD
A Yoga for Golfers Teacher Certification certificate will be awarded to participants completing the program.
Inclusion in our Yoga for Golfers teacher marketing programs including referrals for local class requests and entry in our online teacher directory.
Call Today: Telephone 480-626-1072 for more info!
Cheryl Kemp RYT 500, Yoga for Golfers Director of Business Operations, is a registered yoga teacher and certified Yoga for Golfers instructor. She was a speaker at the 2011 Cincinnati Golf Show and works with individual golfers, golf organizations and school teams. While playing golf for the University of Cincinnati, Cheryl obtained a bachelor’s degree and graduate training in psychology. She also studies nutrition, sports performance, fitness and meditation to promote a well rounded approach to fitness and wellness. As a RYT 500 with Yoga Alliance, all training with Cheryl counts as continuing education with YA. Read more about Cheryl here.
Sue Wieger is a 16 year LPGA Class “A” Golf Professional, and a certified Yoga for Golfers trainer. She will discuss innovative golf bio mechanics, club fitting, golf fitness and mental training to maximize each individual player’s potential. Golf instruction will take place with hands-on experience at a local golf club.
Sue owns and operates Sue Wieger Golf Academy, a multi-service golf instructional business, is a published golf writer and has a Master’s Degree in Educational Psychology and a Bachelor’s Degree in Education. Sue also creates and develops team building/motivational and sports enhancement training for corporations, schools, and universities. Read more about Sue here.
Oliver Morton, Scotland PGA Professional. Oliver is the Founder of The Leading Edge Golf Company, that provides Junior and Holistic Coaching at Swanston New Golf Club, Edinburgh, Scotland.
He is a Complete Game Coach, meaning that his knowledge doesn’t stop with the Technical aspects of golfing performance. He understands the importance of the Physical, Tactical, Mental, Emotional, Social & Spiritual aspects of the game and how each are paramount to performing at your highest level.
Originally from Sheffield, England, Oliver moved to Scotland in 2002 to study at Stirling University, completing his degree in 2007 and turning Professional the same year. During his PGA training Oliver was awarded the TGI Scottish Assistant of the year and has been fully qualified since 2010.
Oliver has been trained by some of the finest coaches in the world to ensure his clients obtain the improvements they want, every time.
He is one of five professionals in the UK who is K-vest Level 2 Certified and has extensive knowledge of the world of 3D Biomechanics, working with clients such as Stephen Gallacher (European Tour Player).
Oliver has recently been asked to become a PGA Tutor/Assessor and is a University of Stirling Futures Coach. In the latter role he assists in the golfing development of some of the finest Junior and Youth Golfers in Scotland.
- Advanced Training:
- PGA Professional (AA)
- Coach54 Alumni (Vision54)
- TPI Certified Level 3 Golf Instructor
- TPI Certified Level 3 Junior Coach
- K-vest TPI 3D Level 2 Certified
- Plane Truth Level 1 Instructor
- Stack & Tilt Network Instructor
- Glenn Billington Putting Coach
Ryan Mahoney, Junior Golf Expert. Ryan is a PGA Professional and has worked at Troon North Golf Club in Scottsdale, AZ for the past eleven years. During his tenure he has had the opportunity to teach alongside such renowned instructors as Tim Mahoney, Steve Dahlby, and Doug Hammer. While at Troon North, Ryan has provided instruction to hundreds of guest from all around world, taught dozens of clinics to various golfers of all abilities, and is a US Kids Golf Certified Instructor.
Ryan is also in charge of the Troon North Junior Academy. The Academy provides juniors of all levels, the opportunity to learn the game in exciting and new ways, without compromising the most important factor, fun!
Ryan’s philosophy is simple and easy to comprehend, he does not teach one method but emphasizes on creating a swing that will provide consistency. Ryan feels that focusing on progressive learning and having fun is the key to success in golf.
In addition to his teaching responsibilities, Ryan currently presides as the Lead Fitting Specialist in the Callaway Performance Center, located at Troon North. The CPC, as it is more commonly known, allows guest to be fit utilizing the same cutting edge fitting technology, which is used on many of today’s stars on the PGA, LPGA, and European Tours.
To learn more about lessons packages, clinics, and fittings that Ryan offers, please feel free to contact him at Rmahoney@troongolf.com or by dialing either of the numbers listed below.
Office: (480)585-5300 Ext. 251
Denise Hatch, CHT. For 25 years Denise Hatch has been educating and teaching in the fields of clinical hypnotherapy, nutrition, yoga, and exercise physiology. She is the creator of the Mind Muscle Connection which uses the natural states of suggestibility to reprogram the subconscious mind. Denise has appeared on nationally televised programs and continues to travel, nationally and internationally giving presentations, classes and instruction.